Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  My time of rest and retreat has been really good, and I'm feeling very refreshed.  I'm so thankful for the support of my family and community at home, as well as from the friends and community I've found here.  Most of all, I'm thankful for God's promises, to raise me up, to renew my mind, to transform me, and to give me peace that passes all understanding. He is faithful, and I will sing because He's been good to me. 
Thanks for the birthday wishes!  I had a really good day.  I spent the morning just hanging out, and then we did some shopping (I bought myself a couple birthday presents!) and went to Applebee's!  It was great to have some familiarity and enjoy Applebee's, which looks exactly the same here!  However, Bob (which we affectionately named my parasite) did not so much enjoy the Applebee's food, but it was so worth it. 
I'm looking forward to going back to work on Monday, and then taking another week off to enjoy a visit from my parents, who come into town next week Friday!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment