Thursday, November 18, 2010

retreat

The past two months of ministry, and then being sick, have taken their toll.  My fatigue got to a place where I couldn't go on, and I left the pastor's house yesterday to stay with a staff member from Strategy of Transformation, the organization I'm partnering with here through World Missions.  I'm using this as a chance for a retreat, to focus on healing physically, spiritually, and emotionally, and to regroup and ask God to renew my mind and my spirit so that I can be a more effective servant for Him.  Thanks for your prayers as I go through this valley.

4 comments:

  1. Crying out to the One on the throne with your name on my lips, asking for complete healing and renewal. Isaiah 43:1-5a He has called you by name Amy, you are His.
    Hang in there. Uncle Don and I are praying for you!! along with lots of other people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    Here it is Friday afternoon and I am finally getting around to writing you. But just because it has been several days since we had our Tuesday am men's group with your dad doesn't mean that we haven't been praying for you. When he told us that your birthday was this coming Saturday November 20th, you have been on Carole's and my mind and in our prayers. We thank-you for your willingness to give back and we pray for you to have a full recovery from your illness. We know that you have been a blessing to all of those you have touched and that God is continuing to watch over you in your time of need. Please be assured that you are and will continue to be in the prayers of many of us back home.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY and God Bless, Bob and Carole P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy,
    Our prayer will be for renewal and rest for mind, body and soul. I hope that you get to do something fun for your birthday and that it's a special day. Hang in there!
    Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy,
    We love you so much sweetheart!!!
    Praying that this time of retreat will be benificial to you physically and spirtually.
    Hugs and kisses from all of us and best wishes for a very special birthday!!!
    Love, Aunt Rhonda and Uncle Brian

    ReplyDelete