Thursday, December 9, 2010

I know many of you have been praying, and I appreciate it so much!  My parents' visit didn't go quite like I hoped, since I ended up getting really sick on Saturday, and it hung on long enough that I got really dehydrated and ended up with a new adventure--a night in a Guatemalan hospital!  It was a nice hospital though, highly recommended, and I'm out today and feeling much better.  It drove mom crazy that she couldn't talk to the nurses and doctors and ask questions about what they were doing!  It was so great to have my parents here to help me through this though, and so good to know that so many people back home are praying.  So, I think I've had my fair share of sickness for awhile and I'm ready to be healthy for the next three months!  It was great to see how God provided this week in all different ways, from our hotel here in Antigua having just our room open on the night we needed to extend our stay, to lots of support from my friends here, and to having mom and dad here to help with it all.

2 comments:

  1. So glad Amy that you are feeling better! Glad too your parents were there to support you physically when you were feeling so yuck. What an amazing place to celebrate Christmas with all the different traditions and customs. We get pretty suck in our own way of celebration and it's good to step out of the box once in awhile. Hoping this will be an extraordinary Christmas for you.
    Uncle Don and I saw Kristen (sister) in the mall at Panera this morning and she told us you were doing better. Praising God with lots of supporters. Talk again soon. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    YEAH!!!!! So glad to hear that you're feeling better. Was good to see your padre, madre, and hermano today & get a live, in-person update.
    Praying for you as you transition to your "new" job.
    Stay healthy :)
    Much love,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete