Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sick :(

Last night I started not feeling well, and woke up this morning feeling even worse, so they made me go to the doctor.  They literally made me because I didn't want to go. I had my grumpy face on and just thought I could rest some and would feel better later.  But my stomach hurt, and I had a headache and felt dizzy and tired and nauseated, so off we went.  Going to the doctor's office was interesting.  Not bad, because it seemed really clean and professional, but I definitely miss my Dr. Brian (and my mommy) right about now.  Frank came along to help me translate, which was a little awkward, but we managed, and after some tests, I was diagnosed with having parasites and an infection.  Ummmm.....parasites???!!!!  Yikes.  So, please please pray for quick healing and good health. 

This past Saturday I went to the National Palace with Hermano Neftali, Hermana Lety, and their kids.  It was a lot of fun and seeing the palace was very interesting.  We also went to the market nearby, which is likely where I picked up the parasite, since we ate lunch there.  Last Wednesday was a national holiday, Revolution Day, and the exhibits at the Palace centered around that.  There was a billboard right outside the entrance that said "Conocer tu historia es conocerte a ti." or To know your history is to know yourself.  I really liked that because knowing our story is how we determine who we are and who we want to become, and how we recognize the work of God in our lives. 

1 comment:

  1. Take care of yourself Amy. We're praying for you and all you've been going through this past week. Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete