Thursday, September 9, 2010

No outlet

Today was the big day.  After months of planning and preparation, I was on my way, excited, but more than a little nervous.  So it was ironic and kind of hilarious that driving into the airport there's a traffic sign that says No Outlet.  Yup, this was it.  The flights and travel all went well, and I didn't even cry as I left Grand Rapids. But leaving Houston was another story.  By the time I found my gate I only had a few minutes before boarding, so I didn't get to find anything to eat or buy a Starbucks or anything!  I only had a minute more to talk to my parents and that last conversation with mom was hard, but it's looking like we will still be able to communicate a lot here. 
I am staying with Liz, the internship coordinator I've been communicating with, until Saturday, and then she will take me to my family.  Liz seems great and it has been nice to relax in her house this afternoon.  She did give me a little more information about my family, which leads me into a prayer request.  She forgot that my family has another child, a 2 year old, in addition to the one they're expecting, which is due in November!  YIKES!!  For those who know me well, small children aren't my thing, so this will be a stretch!  No outlet indeed.  :)   I also learned more about the ministry though, and I'm very excited about getting started with that.  It sounds like the church is doing great things in the community. 

5 comments:

  1. God's so funny! I pray you fall so in love with those babies that you cry when you leave them in March. I wrote about you on my blog today :-) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahahaha!!!! You're gonna be a nanny!!! You would have a 2 year old there too! I've been at work since midnight and my phone goes off at 5am and of course it was dad. Told me updated, (I hadnt even looked at the blog yet.) Well I am glad that you made it safe and you are excited to start work! Love you!
    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi amy!
    just want you to know that we'll be checking in on you. i see that karen has started it off.
    god bless and many prayers to you.
    kirk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning, Amy,

    Well, it's almost a week out! Just wanted you to know you have been in my thoughts this morning, so I will be praying for you throughout the day! That's how God works for me...a thought is a prompting to pray. So let me know how your day was and rest assured that God is with you every second. I'll be praying that you feel His presence today!

    Twyla

    ReplyDelete