Saturday, March 5, 2011

Newsflash

I can't fix people.  Nor am I supposed to.  I need to remember that God did not put me here to save the world--He already did that.  He is choosing to use me in this world, to show love to His people and use the gifts He has given me, but I CANNOT FIX PEOPLE.  I need to get that through my head.  My only job is to show them the hope they have in Christ.  God is faithful, and He is good.  He is good. He is good.  Even when life is hard, and it hurts, and people we love get hurt, and struggle, and we have to watch them struggle and hurt because we can't fix them.  Or beat up or fix the people who are hurting the people we love.  God is good, and He gives grace, and He is faithful.  Please continue to pray for my friends in Villa Nueva--Satan is working really hard there to break down that community and hurt my friends.  Please also pray for the women at the shelter as the work to heal from old wounds and move forward with their lives. 

Only 10 days til I come home!  The anxiety continues to build, as much as I tell myself to trust God and His plan for the next steps.  The unknown is just plain scary.  Please pray for wisdom, patience, and a smooth transition. 

On Monday I climbed the Pacaya Volcano!  It was the volcano that blew up last May.  It was really fun, but a really hard hike.  And a little anti-climactic too, because I just expected it to be really cool once we got to the "peak" or whatever, but it wasn't like an amazing sight or whatever, just a lot of burned rock.  There was a cool cave that we walked into that was really hot like a sauna.  Our guide said it was safe as long as we didn't touch the rock!  We also roasted marshmallows over the lava of one of the craters that had been carved out when the volcano erupted.  That was awesome.  And then we kept climbing!  I'm not sure why, but the boys in the group wanted to keep going, so we went higher and higher, and saw more of the actual peak of the volcano, and then slid down all kinds of loose rock, like running down a dune but with rock and reallllly thick black sand instead of the nice stuff at Holland beach.  It was dirty.  Overall, a very fun Guatemala experience that I'm glad I got to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment